Shimla - Manali - Dharamshala - Dalhousie Tour Package
(10 Nights / 11 Days)
Situated at the northern end of the kullu valley, Manali has spectacular views of snowcapped peaks and wooded slopes. Manali literally means the 'Home of Manu'. Manu is the mythological character who is supposed to have survived when the world was drowned in Flood. He then came to Manali and recreated human life. Thus, the area of Manali is sacred and Hindus treat the temples over here as pilgrimage.
Surrounded by towering peaks at an arm length, Manali's major asset is its proximity to the snowline. It is a flourishing orchard industry, a popular honeymoon destination and trailhead for numerous treks as well as a great countryside ideal for adventure sport lovers.
Manali, with its mountaineering institute, is a popular base for trekking and mountaineering in summer and skiing in winter. Interesting routes into the surrounding valleys, over the high passes, are provided with tourist huts and rest houses for trekkign enthusiasts.
Delhi - Shimla (380 kms)On Arrival in Delhi we will meet you and transfer by to Shimla (343 kms / 8 hrs).Shimla is capital of himachal former capital of Britishers also set amidst, the snow copper, shaivalik,mountains which offer some of the most beautifull view of himalaya Reach there and check in hotel Dinner and overnight at Shimla.
ShimlaEarly morning after breakfast you will visit Kufri,chehelpehel situated at an altitude of 2500 meters just an hours drive from Shimla. Later in the evening have a stroll at shimla's mall road which is suppose to be the biggest mall road of all hills, SankatMochan Temple and Jakhu Temple, Evening free to stroll in the famous shopping place of Shimla town - The Mall & The Ridge. Dinner and Overnight at hotel.
Shimla –ManaliAfter early breakfast you will proceed to Manali (300kms/8 hrs)viakullusight seeingManali is a perfect hill station covered with snow mountains and beautiful water falls. On arrival check in at hotel.- Dinner and overnight at Manali.
ManaliMorning after breakfast go for city tour visiting Hadimba Devi Temple, Manu Temple, Tibetan Monastery and Vashisht Village. Afternoon at leisure . Enjoy your dinner in hotel .Overnight at hotel.
ManaliFull day excursion visiting Kothi Gorge, Gulaba, Marhi, Rohtang Pass -(tourist spot in himalaya having snow all 12 months) is the most visited tourist spot in Himalaya having snow round the year (Upto Snow Line in case Rohtang is closed due to snow fall) and Sollang Valley evening return to hotel . Diner and Overnight at hotel.
Manali–DharamshalaAfter breakfast drive to Dharamshala 250 Km /8hrsDharamshala has everything for a perfect holiday. It is full of life and yet peaceful. Covering a wide area in the form of twin settlement, Lower Dharamshala (1380m) is a busy commercial centre. While upper Dharamshala (1830m) with the suburbs of Mcleodganj and Forsytheganj, retains a British flavour and colonial lifestyle. Dinner and Overnight stay at Hotel.
DharamshalaAfter breakfast go for the sightseeing of Mcleodganj H. H. The Dalai Lama resides here. At the start of Mcleodganj is a small bazaar filled with variety of Tibetan handicrafts and artifacts. At the end of the spur lies the Namgyal Monastery. The external wall is surrounded by rows of prayer wheels. With in the monastery are large idols of Buddha The charming church of St. John in the wilderness is situated here and this is the final resting place of Lord Elgin, a British Viceroy of India during the 19th century. Numerous ancient temples like Jwalamukhi, Brijeshwari and Chamunda lie on the plains below Dharamshala, dinner and Overnight stay at Hotel.
Dharamshala - DalhousieTravel by surface from Dharamshala to Dalhousie 130 Km 4 hrs . Dalhousie has marvelous forests trails overlook vistas of wooded hills, waterfalls, spring and rivulets. Dalhousie still has a touch of the “Raj” and its colonial style building and houses bring back the flavors of an earlier era. Check in Hotel. Diner and Overnight stay at Hotel.
DalhousieAfter Breakfast move for local sightseeing in Dalhousie. Dalhousie has charming colonial architecture, including some beautiful churches. Its location presents panoramic views of the plains- and like a long silver line, the river Ravi twists and turns below Dalhousie. The spectacular snow-covered Dhauladhar mountains are also visible form this enchanting town. Overnight stay at Hotel.
DalhousieAfter breakfast we proceed to Khajjiar. Often called India's Switzerland, Along its fringes, thick forests of deodar climb the slopes, the snow-line rests above these woods and in the centre of the glade, is a small lake fed by streams that traverse the green carpet. Khajjiar was probably a glacial bowl formed during the last Himalayan ice age and left with a lake that gradually withered away. Khajjiar is part of the notified Kalatop - Khajjiar sanctuary. And later proceed for proceed to Chamba. stands on the right bank of the river Ravi.. It is well known for its splendid architecture and as the base for numerous excursions. Dinner and overnight at hotel.
Depart Dalhousie-DelhiAfter breakfast check out and transfer to Delhi 590 K M 10 hrs.
Package Cost Includes:
Package Cost does not includes:
- Accommodation : on twin sharing basis in standard room.
- Daily breakfast and Dinner.
- Transportation using A/c car as per the itinerary including all taxes, parking, toll, driver allowance.
- All applicable hotel taxes and service taxes,A/C will not Use in hill area.
- Table drinks, insurance
- Tips, laundry, Telephone calls, Gratuities
- Entrance fees to monuments
- Any other expenses of personal nature.
- Child with extrabed sharing parents room 25% of the above cost and child without extrabed has to pay 15% of the above cost (below 12 years).
- Self pay for vehicle from manali to rohtang pass because Union will not give us permission for our vehicle manali to rohtang pass.
What to know before you book
- Cancellation before 30 days of start date will be charged processing fee equivalent to 10% per person.
- Cancellations between 20 days to 30 days before start date, 25% of tour cost would be charged as retention
- Cancellations between 15 days to 20 days before start date, 50% of tour cost would be charged as retention
- Cancellations made within 15 days of start date, entire tour cost shall be charged as retention
- Above policy may vary during peak season
- Hotels are subject to availability.
- It is mandatory for guests to present valid photo identification at the time of check-in.
- The identification proofs accepted are Driving License, Voters Card, Passport, Ration Card. Without valid ID the guest will not be allowed to check in. Note- PAN Cards will not be accepted as a valid ID card.
- All transfers and sightseeing are as per the Itinerary/package.
- The inclusion of extra bed with a booking is facilitated with a folding cot or a mattress as an extra bed.
- Early check-in or late check-out is subject to availability and may be chargable by the hotel. The standard check-in time is 12:00 PM and the standard check-out time is 10:00 AM.
- Any kind of personal expenses (Laundry, room service etc..) or optional tours/ extra meals are not inclusive in the package cost.
- The hotel reserves the right of admission. Accommodation can be denied to guests posing as a couple if suitable proof of identification is not presented at check-in. Gangotri Travels will not be responsible for any check-in denied by the hotel due to the aforesaid reason.
In case of non-availability of above mentioned hotels similar category hotel will be provided.